Homeschool Planet’s Lookup Widget combines search results from multiple web sites in one convenient location.
- Add a new widget to a widget area
- Select "Lookup" from the pulldown menu.
- Click the "Where do you want to search?" menu to choose which results you’d like to include. For example, if you wanted to look up a word in both the Dictionary and Wikipedia. Simply select "Dictionary/Thesaurus" and "Wikipedia" from the list.
- Type what you’d like to search for in the search box.
- Click the search button and the results will be displayed below.
- The lookup widget can search for recipes by ingredient. Simply separate each ingredient with a comma to see a list of meal ideas based on what you already have at home.
- Results from sites marked with this symbol are opened in a new browser tab, but most results appear right here in the widget.
- Some sites, like "Dictionary/Thesaurus" have additional search options.
- You can maximize the widget and collapse an individual group of results.
- Click on a result to visit the originating site.